Forgetting to Speak life :
I woke up this morning with a heavy heart. Some reoccurring bad dreams have been bothering my sleep. The holidays are approaching, and I was reminded I have no family or friends to celebrate together. Sadness often wants to suffocate me, and discouragement wants to befriend up at unexpected times. I often forget to speak life into my sorrowful soul.
As I walked into the kitchen I was welcomed by a pile of unwashed dishes from the previous day. My triplets woke up right after and each of them demanded for my attention. My house was a mess and toys were everywhere. I whispered,” Lord, I cannot do this today, hold my hand”.
The Devil whispered ‘your Lord can’t hear you’ ,suddenly my kids started tugging me. They wanted me to pick up the magnet that fell off the refrigerator and put it back. I dragged myself and picked the magnet up from the floor. As I glanced over at the words, it began to SPEAK LIFE into my weary soul.
I had memorized this verse at a young age, underlined with highlighters in my Bible. I have read this very verse so many times, but it breathed life in me today.
That is how powerful God’s Word is dear beloved. It speaks life at the exact second we need healing and strength. Many of you are going to nod your head and tell me the same that they have this verse all over their house and heart.
The very strength I needed today to do my daily chores, to take care of my toddlers, to manage my household affairs, to speak life over the echoes of my past hurts, to kneel and pray.
This Bible verse strengthened me to write this post so that it can speak life to someone else today.
Can you speak life over your enemy’s voice?
Maybe today you are dreading the upcoming holidays for your own reasons as well. Each day you are reminded by the enemy of what you cannot do and cannot achieve.
Job assignments, pending vacations, flaring joint points, empty womb and empty nest makes you feel you cannot take it anymore.
- The Devil wants to overwhelm your thoughts, but Jesus wants you to overcome them by His strength.
- The Devil wants you to run away from the daily responsibilities, but the Lord wants you to abide in Him and be His branch. It is the only way through Christ we can fulfill our roles with joy.
- The Enemy wants to bring chaos and gloom, but Jesus wants to speak life and give peace
So, my dear sister :
–What is pulling you back from experiencing freedom and joy today?
–Do you find yourself stuck in your life with nowhere to go?
Here are 10 powerful ‘I CAN’ statements from the BIBLE to declare and speak life:
1. I CAN DO ALL THINGS BECAUSE OF THE STRENGTH AND GRACE GRANTED TO ME.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.2 Corinthians 12:9
2. I CAN RUN WITH ENDURANCE BECAUSE YAHWEH MAKES ME STAND ON HIGH PLACES.
The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds’ feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.Habakkuk 3:19
3. I CAN SLEEP IN PEACE BECAUSE MY GOD WILL WATCH OVER ME AND MY LOVED ONES
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.Psalm 4:8
4. I CAN WALK THROUGH THE DARKEST VALLEY BECAUSE GOD PROMISES TO NEVER LEAVE ME ALONE.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Psalm 23:4
When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the LORD thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. Deuteronomy 20:1
5.I CAN REJOICE BECAUSE THE LORD HAS DEALT BOUNTIFULLY WITH ME
For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. Psalm 116:8
6. I CAN FORGET MY PAINFUL PAST BECAUSE THE LORD PROMISES TO DO A NEW THING IN MY LIFE.
Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18019
7. I CAN HIDE IN THE CLEFT OF THE ROCK BECAUSE GOD WILL FIGHT MY BATTLES FOR ME.
For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. Psalm 27:5
What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.Psalm 56:3
8. I CAN PUT MY TRUST IN CHRIST EVEN WHEN MY OWN ABANDONS ME . HE PROMISES TO NEVER BREAK HIS PROMISES.
When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up. Psalm 27:10
Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Isaiah 49:15
9. I CAN REST AND WAIT ON THE LORD PATIENTLY FOR MY EXPECTATIONS COMES FROM HIM.
My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. Psalm 62:5
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. Psalm 37:7
10. I CAN SING BEFORE GOD AND NOT BE OVERWHELMED .
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.Psalm 40:3
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. Psalm 5:11
(all of the verses are from the King James version )
- Is there a “I CAN” statement that lifted your spirits today?
- What verses do you choose to speak life to your weary soul?
I pray these statements will continue to encourage you in the ups and downs of life.
Until we meet again here,