I loved sneaking up behind my uncle and imitating his walk when I was a little girl. Both his hands along with his shoulders would swing and rotate in slow motion as his body moved all the way to the right and then all the way to the left. It was as if he was breaking into a slow dance and I giggled every time he turned around wondering what I am trying to do behind him.
Last week, I wrote a very special prayer for every parent <- Click here I pray you will most certainly read it aloud for your own children as well. We love to imitate the good and the bad of our parents, church leaders, celebrities, and other world leaders. Young girls and boys follow their earthly idols and are devastated when these singers or actors fail their expectations.
There is only one unfailing God who took on the very form of Man and showed His Creation how to imitate Him. Imitating Jesus who is not only a perfect Man but also a Sovereign God means He has already set a great example for us to follow.
While Jesus became the ambassador of humanity, we must pledge to #imitate &represent #Jesus today
Here are the 3 qualities for every believer to Imitate Jesus:
Imitating Jesus in His SERVANTHOOD
A servant is someone in my opinion one who is diligent in His Master’s field, and who makes sure to look not only for his own interest but also the interest of his Master. A master is someone who treats his servant with respect and dignity.
“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross.”
To imitate Christ in Servanthood –
- We must empty and strip our self of our own vain glory, and fill up with the humility of God.
- One must seek out willingly the interest of others as well. Be Selfless and not Selfish.
- We must be diligent until the work is complete on earth. It is when Jesus cried loudly on the Cross, “It is finished” that HE completed the work the Father gave to HIM.
2. Imitating Jesus in His SERVICE
I remember often reading this quote growing up, “Service to man is service to God” Jesus stepped down from His heavenly throne to serve mankind.The King of all served us all with His humility and love by giving His life to set each one of us free from bondage.
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45(KJV)
Colossians 3:23-24(KJV) And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ”
To Imitate Christ through Service:
- One must serve another with our actions without any grudge, hypocrisy, or expecting any favor in return
- We must serve willingly as if serving the Lord and not man, even when the task is much difficult.
- One must study the SON- His compassion for the widows, the love for the little children, utmost care for the hungry crowd, and the groaning for those who weep.
3. Imitating Jesus through SUFFERING :
I struggle to imitate Christ in this area the most. The suffering the Lord endured for a wretched sinner like me is unexplainable and unbearable for me to fathom. Yet the greatest example of love that Jesus showed for humankind was His suffering on this earth.
1 Peter 2:20-21 (KJV)For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his step
To Imitate Christ through our sufferings
- One must be patient in suffering undeserved afflictions
- One must remain hopeful in the company of friends and believers
- One must rejoice in suffering for therein we will witness God’s strength and deliverance in due time.
Romans 5:3-5(KJV) And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:And hope maketh not ashamed;
Note: If you are going through any form of physical, or sexual assault, please do seek help immediately. God has not given anyone permission to violate anyone’s body except to love one another no matter the color, gender ,or race
1. Did you think these three S’s – (Servanthood, Service, and Suffering) are co-related or contrasted with each other?
2. Which of these three do you struggle with the most?
I love reading your comments, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for visiting me today.
Until next time friends,