God has remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations. (Psalm 105:8,KJV)
Oh , the ever forgetful me! I tend to forget everything these days from keys to kids, and this recent incident topped it off. I went to the store the other day to buy some clothes, and was standing at the counter when I realized my handbag is not with me. I traced back to every area I walked in the store,and frantically looked around for my handbag. I found it finally in the fitting room untouched by anyone else in the corner.
Do you know our Lord Jesus is not forgetful like us?
He is not overwhelmed , and flustered by the constant prayers, and petitions rising up to Him from His children.
He doesn’t say,” Sorry Diana, I totally forgot about you in the fitting room in the pile of other worries and needs”
GOD REMEMBERED HIS CHILDREN :
- He is the God who remembered Noah before the flood and after the flood.
- He is the God who remembered Sarah, Rachel, and Hannah, and blessed their empty womb (Genesis 30:22)
- He is the God who remembered the promise and heard the groaning of His children in Egypt (Exodus 2:24)
- He is the God who remembered Joseph from the pit to the palace.
- He is the God who remembered Jacob at Bethel as Jacob ran from his brother (Genesis 28:15)
Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; ) Deuteronomy 7:9,KJV)
And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of. (Genesis 28:15,KJV)
WE ARE LOVED :
He remembers you and I, and knows us by our name. A mother can never forget her children, but even if she does, the Good Lord says that He will never ever forget us. God has a grip on us , even when we let go of our grip on Him.
Today, you may feel as if no one remembers you. Your friends have departed you , your families have forgotten how you were there for them. The cupbearer whom Joseph helped by interpreting his dreams forgot the latter, but the Lord had great plans for Joseph. He took Joseph from the pit to the palace. He has great plans for you too. God hasn’t forgotten your toils and turmoil , your empty womb and your gloom, nor your tears and trials.
My Friend, the Lord has not forgotten you. He has carved your name in the palm of His nail pierced Hand.
Here are 5 things God remembers about us:
1. God remembers us in our humiliation (Psalm 136:23), and groaning.(Exodus 2:24)
2. God remembers and knows our frame (psalm 103:14)
3. He remembers us when we are abandoned by our own. (Isaiah 49:15)
4. He remembers our good works, and the love we have shown towards His name ( Hebrews 6:10)
5. God remembers His covenant to a thousand generation. (Psalm 105:8)
Until we meet again here,
Basking in God’s eternal love